Catallia Mexican Foods manufactures premium flour tortillas for foodservice, retail and industrial customers. We supply restaurants of all sizes — from global chains to independent local operators.
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Technician – 3rd shift full time to join our team in Eagan, Minnesota. This is a hands-on position and will require that the individual be willing to assist in the construction, service, repair or replacement of equipment and building systems. The technician must also ensure that all work is done in a safe, accurate, timely manner.
- Responsible for working safely and maintaining a safe work environment; following all plant and department specific safety rules, procedures, policies and programs; attending required training; identifying and reporting hazards.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements on production machinery; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshoots malfunctions.
- Problem solves machine breakdowns and manufacturing processes in order to maximize production output.
- Fabricates repair parts by using shop instruments and equipment.
- Prepares maintenance paperwork by collecting, analyzing, documenting, and scheduling work orders to expedite repairs.
- Responsible for maintenance work in emergency breakdown situations.
- Involvement in developmental project work, including working with engineering, manufacturing and outside vendors for parts and services.
- Maintains a spare parts inventory. Including ordering parts.
Education & Experience Required
- A minimum of a two-year electrical/mechanical degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience in industrial settings working with machine processes, schedules and a variety of individuals involved in the manufacturing environment is helpful.
- Lean manufacturing and training experience is a plus.
Skills & Abilities Needed
- Hands on experience with lathes, milling, presses, welding, hydraulics, and pneumatics.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics.
- Electrical troubleshooting capabilities, PLC programming a plus.
- Refrigeration experience or background preferred.
- Able to maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, management, and other manufacturing personnel.
- Full understanding of mechanical maintenance skills.
- Must have effective communication skills, decision-making skills, and follow-through skills.
- Ability to apply logical thought to identifying and solving machine problems.
- High degree of safety awareness.
Join our progressive team of professional dedicated to delivering the utmost value to our customers where your contributions will make a real difference.
To apply, send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to:
Catallia Mexican Foods, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.