Catallia Mexican Foods manufactures premium flour tortillas for foodservice, retail and industrial customers. We supply restaurants of all sizes — from global chains to independent local operators.
We are currently seeking Production Leads for our 2nd and 3rd shift to join our team in Eagan, Minnesota. These are hands-on position and will require that the individual be responsible for performing a variety of roles that involve all aspects of the front end processing area. The individual will be accountable for achieving operational goals, while maintaining quality and safety standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train new and current production staff – packagers, mixers, operators – on processes and procedures including packaging standards, proper machine settings, product formulations, evaluating product attributes, etc.
- Recognizes out of spec product and takes action by coaching/advising team members to resolve problem to minimize waste and downtime.
- Provides technical assistance, knowledge, and expertise to team members
- Trouble-shoots and problem solves production problems; insures consistency in operating parameters; works to reduce variation in production measures
- Ensures appropriate equipment set up and needed items are available
- Assists supervisor in managing reduction of product waste and downtime along with improving yields and reducing costs
- Communicate maintenance and/or sanitation issues in a timely and professional manner
- Ensures raw materials are available for production. Track quantities used and lot numbers
- Ensures operation of the equipment by calling for repairs and communicating with the maintenance team
- Provides technical input and advice/recommendations to operation management on matters of equipment operation and operator performance
- Ensures the quality is acceptable to customer specifications
- Reports issues to Supervisor
- Assumes Production Supervisor responsibilities when Production Supervisor is absent
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 3+ years food processing experience required
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques a plus
- Previous experience in a leadership role
- English language proficiency – written and verbal – required (bilingual a plus).
Join our progressive team of professionals dedicated to delivering the utmost value to our customers where your contributions will make a real difference.
Catallia Mexican Foods, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer